Founded in 1916, SOAS offers students a first class education and unique social experience at our central London campus. Their combination of language scholarship, disciplinary expertise and regional focus attracts some of the brightest minds from around the world. SOAS has a long tradition of welcoming students from all over the world, who make up a rich community of over 3,000 alumni and friends.
Benefiting from the largest concentration of academics focused on the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East at any university in the world, SOAS delivers top quality teaching in the languages, cultures and societies of their specialist regions and explore non-Western perspectives and theories across a diverse range of degree programmes.
- World-leading academics and learning resources, including the SOAS Library - one of only five National Research Libraries in the UK.
- A truly international university experience, with more than 5,000 students from more than 130 different countries.
- Over 350 undergraduate degree combinations and more than 200 postgraduate programmes, including Distance Learning courses.
- Short-term Summer School and Study Abroad programmes which can be tailored to your interests and requirements.
- A fantastic central London campus, allowing you to be immersed in the capital's rich cultural and social life.
- Supportive, active and representative Students' Union with more than 160 sports clubs and societies for you to join.
- Flexible course structure, allowing you freedom to control the depth and breadth of your learning.
- Fun Fact: SOAS teaches more than 40 non-European languages, including; Arabic, Chinese, Swahili, Urdu and Burmese. Undergraduate and postgraduate students (taught only) benefit from the Language Entitlement Programme, allowing them to register for one language-acquisition course for free.
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?
The information on this page has been submitted by the higher education institution itself, and it varies how frequently they update it. If you want to know more, get in touch and one of our student advisors will answer all your questions!
Across the Pond is the official representative for this teaching institution for selected countries around the world which means we can help you apply to their courses and help with all the documents needed to submit an application. We can help answer questions about their courses and the institution itself as they do not necessarily have the capacity to deal with student enquiries from all around the world on a daily basis. This also means that they can ask us questions about your application and we can help explain if they are not familiar with your grades, academic background or the educational system in your home country. They also appreciate that students who apply through Across the Pond get the help they need, not only in terms of submitting the application and supporting documents, but also with everything needed before arrival in the UK, such as student accommodation, visa information, funding information and well as preparing for departure to the UK.