Based in Royal Regent’s Park and surrounded by 11 acres of beautiful private parkland, Regent’s University London offers a tranquil and secure setting for those wishing to study in the heart of London. The university has one of the most diverse student bodies in the UK and offers a supportive, personalised learning experience making it an ideal destination for international students choosing to study overseas for the first time.
Regent’s offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees as well as short courses and summer + internship programmes in Business & Management, Fashion & Design, Liberal Arts & Humanities, Film, Media & Performance and Psychology.
- Regent’s offers a personal, tailored learning experience with small, class sizes. With an average of 14 students to a class and a 13:1 staff to student ratio, faculty staff are able to guide each student on their individual academic journey.
- With students from over 135 different countries across the world, Regent’s is one of the most cosmopolitan campuses in the UK. The University aims to develop tomorrow’s global leaders, offering exclusive networking opportunities for students seeking an international education.
- Languages are at the heart of this ethos and students can choose to learn one of nine economically important languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. Other cultural and cross-cultural elective modules offer the chance to further develop cultural agility and internationalism, while enhancing and personalising professional profiles.
- IT services, including Mac suites and campus-wide wifi
- Refectory, student bar, brasserie and restaurant
- Student Union
- Student Hub
- The Hive (Careers Service)
- Psychology lab
- Fashion and interior design studios
- TV studio and editing suite
- Rehearsal studios
- Art gallery
Business & Management
- Regent’s business graduates are entrepreneurial, worldly, business savvy and work-ready. The university goes beyond the standard business education, treating students as individuals and offering real, hands-on experience and understanding of the international workplace. Innovation and creativity are the twin engines of business growth and staff work with students to maximise their potential as future business leaders, owners or entrepreneurs.
- Regent’s research centre for Entrepreneurship and Family Business informs and develops the teaching undergraduate and postgraduate business modules. Many Regent’s students are entrepreneurial or linked to family businesses internationally. More than one-third set up their own businesses within six months of graduating.
Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Regent’s is a leading training institution for psychology, psychotherapy and counselling psychology, offering training from foundation through undergraduate to postgraduate and professional qualification. Students are developed as professionals with a solid grounding in theory and the skills they need to follow a variety of professional paths.
Fashion & Design
- A market-driven approach to this fast-moving world provides a practical, creative education tailored to the entrepreneurial global fashion and design industries. At Regent’s students find the freedom to cultivate their own philosophy, by tackling briefs for real-world projects, networking with industry professionals, and being taught by people who live and breathe design in one of the great, creative capitals of the world.
Film, Media & Performance
- Regent’s offers the creative education and training to develop professionals in the contemporary theatre, screen and media industries. Whether their passion is acting, directing, producing, writing for film-making, students go on an incredible journey of self-discovery and gain an all-round understanding of what it takes to work in the creative industries. Graduates have the specialist knowledge and interdisciplinary skills to pursue a career in this extraordinarily demanding and diverse sphere, where many successful Regent’s alumni have flourished.
Liberal Arts & Humanities
- The Liberal Arts approach at Regent’s develops adaptable, resourceful graduates who are trained as tomorrow’s global leaders. The wide-ranging, multi-disciplinary curriculum challenges students to think independently, make connections across many different subject areas and question conventional wisdom. A wide choice of majors and elective modules enables students to specialise in a particular field and tailor their studies around their interests.
On-campus accommodation is available with a range of single, double and triple rooms on offer. Includes a meal plan and the weekly supply of fresh bed linen.
Regent’s also partners with Urbanest to offer an alternative, high quality off-campus accommodation options. All rooms are single occupancy and en-suite, just a short walk from campus near King’s Cross.
Based in royal Regent’s Park and surrounded by 11 acres of its own beautiful gardens, Regent’s offers a tranquil and secure setting for those wishing to study in the heart of London with all the sights, entertainment and shopping London has to offer on the doorstep.
Regent’s is situated in the centre of London, close to Baker Street underground station and only 30 minutes from Heathrow. The campus is 10 minutes away from the Eurostar train service, offering easy access to Paris, Brussels and the rest of Europe.
The University campus was originally built for Bedford College, the first higher education institution for women in the United Kingdom. Bedford College left the campus in the mid-1980s, and the lease was taken by Rockford College, Illinois, which founded Regent's College to offer a 'study abroad' programme, and provide courses with a clear British focus. The first students arrived in 1985 and a steady flow of international students has continued since. Gradually, other institutions began to take up residence on the campus, merging in 2006 to become Regent's College. In 2013 the institution gained university status, becoming Regent's University London in June 2013.
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?
The information on this page has been submitted by the higher education institution itself, and it varies how frequently they update it. If you want to know more, get in touch and one of our student advisors will answer all your questions!
Across the Pond is the official representative for this teaching institution for selected countries around the world which means we can help you apply to their courses and help with all the documents needed to submit an application. We can help answer questions about their courses and the institution itself as they do not necessarily have the capacity to deal with student enquiries from all around the world on a daily basis. This also means that they can ask us questions about your application and we can help explain if they are not familiar with your grades, academic background or the educational system in your home country. They also appreciate that students who apply through Across the Pond get the help they need, not only in terms of submitting the application and supporting documents, but also with everything needed pre-arrival in the UK, such as student accommodation, visa information, funding information and well as preparing for departure to the UK.