Video Editor Role at Across the Pond
Are you a creative person looking for flexible work that will allow you to build upon your videography and editing skills? Are you able to work independently and proactively? Do you have a passion for studying in the UK, and are you excited to help prospective students do the same? Across the Pond may have the perfect position for you!
ABOUT ACROSS THE POND
Across the Pond is an internationally established company in the Higher Education recruitment sector. Since 2004 we have achieved significant success and an enviable reputation among students and British universities alike. We annually send thousands of applications to our university partners from students in Norway, USA, Canada, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia as well as globally.
We are looking to hire a video editor on an ad hoc basis to create and edit video content that promotes UK study, our partner universities, and Across the Pond’s services. This content will be posted on our website and social media channels. In essence, you will have a key role in raising brand awareness for Across the Pond and its partners.
You’ll be responsible for managing and completing video projects from conception to completion. These videos should be engaging in a way that will draw our target demographics. You’ll also be responsible for maintaining our YouTube channels and monitoring and responding to any comments.
This position is remote—at Across the Pond we all work remotely (and always have), so this position will be home-based, too.
Across the Pond strictly follows the General Data Protection Regulation. All employees of Across the Pond—whether full-time, part-time, or ad-hoc—must adhere to our GDPR policies, which will be reviewed with you should you be hired.
Essential Professional Skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure and multi-task
- Customer focus and attention to detail
- Experienced in working in a proactive, rather than reactive manner
- Excellent time management and an ability to meet established deadlines
- Working knowledge of and access to video-editing software – candidates must have their own computer and software as these will not be provided. Candidates with access to videography equipment are preferred.
- Must be a competent English speaker. Scandinavian-language and Spanish speakers are preferred.
- Meticulous forward planning
- Experience of studying in the UK and a passion for helping others do the same
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Able to work independently without direct supervision for long periods of time
- Ability to meet established requirements and work in a target-driven environment
Essential Personal Skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Responsible & reliable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of initiative
- Continuous improvement and self-development
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application form below, uploading a copy of your CV and covering letter.
As part of the application, candidates are also required to create a short video (2-3 minutes long) to promote studying in the United Kingdom to Across the Pond’s students. Note that the content of the video is unimportant, but we would like you to demonstrate your editing abilities and ideas. Please include a link to the video in the application form below.
Do you have graphic design experience? You can apply to our Graphic Design role, too (yes, we'll accept applications for both roles from the same applicant)!
DEADLINE:Please submit your complete application by Saturday, October 16th, 2021.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.