Graphics & Prospectus Editor Role at Across the Pond
Are you a creative person looking for flexible work that will allow you to build upon your graphic design skills? Are you able to work independently and proactively? Do you have a passion for studying in the UK, and are you excited to help prospective students do the same? Across the Pond may have the perfect position for you!
ABOUT ACROSS THE POND
Across the Pond is an internationally established company in the Higher Education recruitment sector. Since 2004 we have achieved significant success and an enviable reputation among students and British universities alike. We annually send thousands of applications to our university partners from students in Norway, USA, Canada, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia as well as globally.
We are looking to hire a graphics editor on an ad hoc basis to design and update our recruitment materials. You will plan and design our print and online materials and ensure that they are distributed as needed to the Across the Pond team. These materials, whether online or offline, are key to raising brand awareness of Across the Pond and our partner universities. They will often be the first impression that a student has of Across the Pond, so producing eye-catching and attractive materials is crucial.
You will also assist us in updating our presentation materials for online and (eventually) in-person events and maintaining our image gallery, as well as reviewing and updating our brand guidelines as needed.
The role will be for the summer months (June-September); however, there may be more assignments available later in the academic year. This position is remote—at Across the Pond we all work remotely (and always have), so this position will be home-based, too.
Across the Pond strictly follows the General Data Protection Regulation. All employees of Across the Pond—whether full-time, part-time, or ad-hoc—must adhere to our GDPR policies, which will be reviewed with you should you be hired.
Essential professional skills:
- Ability to perform well under pressure and multi-task
- Customer focus and attention to detail
- Experienced in working in a proactive, rather than reactive manner
- Excellent time management and an ability to meet established deadlines
- Working knowledge and access to graphic design software (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) – candidates must have their own computer and software as these will not be provided.
- Must be a competent English speaker. Scandinavian-language and Spanish speakers are preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision for long periods of time
- Experience of studying in the UK and a passion for helping others do the same is desired.
Essential personal skills:
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Responsible & reliable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of initiative
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application form below, uploading a copy of your CV and covering letter.
As part of the application, candidates are also required to create a brochure of 1-5 pages to promote studying in the United Kingdom to Across the Pond’s students. Note that the content of the brochure is unimportant, but we would like you to demonstrate your graphics abilities and ideas. Please include a link to the brochure file in the application form below.
Do you have video experience? You can apply to our Video Editor role, too (yes, we'll accept applications for both roles from the same applicant)!
Please submit your complete application by Saturday, October 16th, 2021.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.