Across the Pond is partnered with some of the best universities in the UK. Although these universities regularly offer scholarships to American students at both the undergraduate and graduate level, some have gone even further in joining ATP in our exclusive Across the Pond Partner Scholarships.
The Across the Pond Partner Scholarships provide a unique opportunity for Across the Pond students exclusively. As a refreshing change to the usual dry, merit-based applications you typically submit, we want you to have fun!
Show us why you deserve this scholarship in a creative, entertaining way that uniquely reflects you as a student by sharing your enthusiasm and excitement for this coming adventure in in the UK. Submit a 2 to 4 minute video that helps us understand why your chosen university program is the right fit for you and be sure to tell us what you hope to get out of the experience. If you have a particular financial need, be sure to mention that as well.
The following universities have committed to providing scholarships for students starting their studies in the fall of 2018:
- Brunel University: Offering ten £3000 occupational therapy scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students from the USA and Canada.
- University of Chester: Offering one £2,500 scholarship to an undergraduate or graduate student from the US or Canada for the first year of study.
- Cranfield University: Offering six £4,000 scholarships to graduate students from the US and Canada (eligible for certain programs only - please contact your advisor to see which programs are eligible).
- University of Essex: Offering one £3,000 scholarship to a US undergraduate or graduate student for the first year of study.
- Falmouth University: Offering one £5,000 scholarship to a US undergraduate student for the first year of study.
- University of Hertfordshire: Offering four scholarships to US and Canadian students: one £4,000 scholarship, one £2,000 scholarship, and two £1,000 scholarships. Available to any 2 of the following 3 options: An undergraduate student (1st year only), an undergraduate student (all three years), a graduate student.
- University of Huddersfield: Multiple scholarships of £3,000 (£3,000 1st year, then 2,000 per following year): Available to undergraduate and graduate students from the US and Canada.
- Middlesex University London: Offering ten £2,000 scholarship to US undergraduate or graduate students for the first year of study.
- University of Roehampton: Offering one £5,000 scholarship to a graduate student from the US.
- University of Stirling: One £3,000 scholarship for an American or Canadian student. This scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate students for the first year of study.
- University of Strathclyde:
A) Five £4,000 scholarships for US or Canadian applicants to programs in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. This scholarship is available to an undergraduate or graduate student for the first year of study.
B) One £3,000 scholarship for a US or Canadian applicant to any program at Strathclyde. This scholarship is available to an undergraduate or graduate student for the first year of study.
To be eligible to receive the Strathclyde scholarship, you must have made Strathclyde your firm choice and paid the required deposit by the final scholarship application deadline.
- Swansea University - One £4,000 scholarship for an American or Canadian student. This scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate students for the first year of study.
- Across the Pond: 2 scholarships (one £3,000 and one £2,000). Available to any two Across the Pond students from the US, regardless of university or level of study.
This application has two important deadlines:
- March 30th April 6th – applications and videos are due and semi-finalists are chosen
(This deadline had been extended but is now closed).
- May 25th – final votes are tallied
After April 6th, Across the Pond will review all submitted applications and videos and will choose the semi-finalists for each partner scholarship. The semi-finalists’ videos will be posted on our website by April 13th. Your advisor will let you know if your video is chosen as a semi-finalist and provide the link where it will be posted on our website.
In order to win the scholarship, your video will need to collect the most votes by May 25th when the scholarship closes! Share the voting page with as many people as you can. Voters can vote once a day per device. The video with the most votes for each partner scholarship will win the award(s) for that scholarship.
PLEASE NOTE: The winner of the Across the Pond Scholarship must hold an offer from one of our partner universities in order to actually claim the prize. The winners of the university-specific scholarships must hold an offer from the university to which the scholarship belongs in order to claim the prize. Students can apply for, and potentially win, both the Across the Pond scholarship and a university-specific scholarship.