Across the Pond are partnered with some of the best universities in the UK. Although these universities regularly offer scholarships to American students at both the undergraduate and graduate level, some have gone even further in joining ATP in our exclusive Across the Pond Partner Scholarships.
The ATP Partner Scholarships provide a unique opportunity for Across the Pond students exclusively. As a refreshing change to the usual dry, merit-based applications you typically submit, we want you to have fun!
Show us why you deserve this scholarship in a creative, entertaining way that uniquely reflects you as a student by sharing your enthusiasm and excitement for this coming adventure in in the UK. Submit a 2 to 4 minute video that helps us understand why your chosen university program is the right fit for you and be sure to tell us what you hope to get out of the experience. If you have a particular financial need, be sure to mention that as well.
The following universities have committed to providing scholarships for students starting their studies in the fall of 2018:
- University of Chester: Offering one £2,500 scholarship to an undergraduate or graduate student from the US or Canada for the first year of study.
- Cranfield University: Offering six £4,000 scholarships to graduate students from the US and Canada (eligible for certain programs only - please contact your advisor to see which programs are eligible).
- Falmouth University: Offering one £5,000 scholarship to a US undergraduate student for the first year of study.
- University of Hertfordshire: Offering four scholarships to US and Canadian students: one £4,000 scholarship, one £2,000 scholarship, and two £1,000 scholarships. Available to any 2 of the following 3 options: An undergraduate student (1st year only), an undergraduate student (all three years), a graduate student.
- University of Huddersfield: Multiple scholarships of £3,000 (£3,000 1st year, then 2,000 per following year): Available to undergraduate and graduate students from the US and Canada.
- Across the Pond: 2 scholarships (one £3,000 and one £2,000). Available to any two Across the Pond students from the US, regardless of university or level of study.
In order to apply, please complete this application form by May 25, 2018.
We will select semi-finalists starting from March 15th; however, you may apply up until the May deadline. Please specify which scholarship you’re applying for on the form—you may apply for more than one, but will need to apply separately for each one.
If your video is chosen as a semi-finalist, it will be posted to Across the Pond’s voting pages for you to share with your family and friends. The video(s) for each scholarship opportunity with the most votes by May 25th will win!
PLEASE NOTE: The winner of the Across the Pond Scholarship must hold an offer from one of our partner universities in order to actually claim the prize. The winners of the university-specific scholarships must hold an offer from the university to which the scholarship belongs in order to claim the prize. Students can apply for, and potentially win, both the Across the Pond scholarship and a university-specific scholarship.
Interested in this scholarship but not yet working with Across the Pond on your university applications? Sign up today and a student advisor will be in touch with more information!