The University of Birmingham is extending four £5,000 scholarships exclusively to US graduate students working with Across the Pond. This scholarship will be applied to the tuition fees for the 2020-2021 school year. Candidates should have an excellent academic background. The selection panel will only consider applicants attaining a CGPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or above. Winning candidates regularly achieve a CGPA of between 3.4-3.8 on a 4.0 scale.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
• have received an offer of a place to study on a master's (taught or research) program at the University of Birmingham of one year in duration
• have met the academic conditions of their offer to the program
• have a valid student ID number
• have an offer to study a full-time program at our UK campus (not distance learning)
• be a national of the USA or be domiciled in the USA
• be classed by the university as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship
• have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living for a year at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK
• start their studies at the university in September 2020 (the scholarship award may not be deferred)
• be registered with, and have their postgraduate study application attached to Across the Pond by June 12, 2020.
Students are shortlisted based on academic merit, therefore ensuring equality of opportunity. A shortlist of students will be finalized on June 21, 2020, and a final decision will be made on June 28, 2020.
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please ask your advisor. If you do not have an advisor, sign up for one here.