Study at the University of Essex in the UK
One of the UK’s leading institutions, the University of Essex received its Royal Charter in 1965 and ranks in the Top 10 in the UK for research and teaching in official government assessments. We offer a wide range of flexible degrees that allow you to build a program to suit your interests. Departments cover the Arts and Humanities, Law, Science and Engineering and the Social Sciences, and Essex credits normally transfer without difficulty to your home institution. We offer the ideal combination of academic excellence, a great location and a fun, friendly and informal campus.
University of Essex Facts and Figures
- Two Essex graduates have been awarded a Nobel Prize
- The University ranks in Top 10 for research in the UK according to the last Research Assessment Exercise
- Departments ranked in the top 10 nationally include Government, Sociology, History, Economics and Language and Linguistics. Essex Business School was ranked second in the Accounting and Finance.
- Essex University is investing over £200 million on improving facilities at the three campuses: Colchester, Loughton and Southend.
- The Students' Union nightclub Sub Zero constantly wins awards and recently received the Best Bar None Award.
- The world's largest long-term longitudinal survey on how people really live is being led by the Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER) at Essex, with 40,000 UK households being interviewed.
University of Essex Location
Entertainment within the Essex campuses
Essex has a thriving campus community with a range of amenities on site including shops, banks, a gallery and theatre. On campus entertainment is provided by a full and varied program of events throughout the year and the campus boasts 4 bars, the largest of which, Sub Zero, has a capacity of 1,000.
Extra Curricular Activities
Sports Clubs at the University of Essex
Marketing and Human Resource Management BSc (Hons)
University of Essex