Full-Time Student Advisor Position
Are you passionate about studying in the UK and eager to share your experiences with prospective students across the United States?
Do you like traveling and meeting new people?
If so, consider joining the Across The Pond team of student advisors and recruitment professionals.
About Across the Pond
Across The Pond is an internationally established company in the Higher Education recruitment sector. Since 2004, we have achieved significant success and an enviable reputation among students and British universities alike. We annually send thousands of applications to our University partners from students in Norway, USA, Canada, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia.
Across the Pond is expanding its US operations and is thus recruiting for the full-time student advisor role in the US market.
The student advisor role at Across The Pond is one of the most vital members of the entire company. Every day, the advisor works with students who are interested in studying in the UK, helping them research their options among British universities and make the strongest application possible. This home-based position will at times require extended periods of unsociable hours and weekend work. The advisor should expect extensive travel during parts of the year.
Overall Job Purpose
It is the primary purpose of the student advisor to help as many students as possible research and apply to Across The Pond’s partner universities, with the ultimate aim of increasing enrolment at our partner universities.
The position holder is responsible for day-to-day work with a portfolio of several hundred students who are interested in studying in the UK. The advisor will be working towards monthly and annual targets set by management. The position holder is also responsible for raising brand awareness of Across The Pond and its partner institutions.
- Working with potential applicants throughout the entire research and application process, until final departure for the UK
- Advise students on suitable partner universities and programs based on students’ academic and professional skills, experience, and ambitions
- Maximize conversion rates and work towards achieving and exceeding individual and company enrolment targets
- Responsible for data entry of enquiries and student applications
- Ensure that e-mail enquiries are managed effectively on a daily basis, aiming to answer all emails within two business days, except during exceptional circumstances as notified or approved by management
- Ensure all texts and phone calls are responded to within 24 hours (during work days)
- Ensure that student follow up, management procedures and systems are adhered to (such as e-mailing all students within 24 hours of a school presentation or ATP event)
- Ensure that the highest levels of customer service standards are met and, whenever possible, exceeded
- Planning, scheduling and visiting schools, universities, colleges and attending ATP events (such as education fairs, workshops, pre-departure meetings and UK university visits, etc.) in US.
- Delivering presentation(s) and information about studying in the UK at above events/visits
- Working within set budgets as given by Management
- Provide support to the team and Country Manager as required
- Willingness and ability to undertake extended periods of domestic and international travel, and, at times, unsociable hours and weekend work
- Networking with and being a point of contact for in-country school/college counselors
- Communicating with ATP university partners and admissions staff
- Managing student documents according to ATP guidelines
- Maintaining confidentiality of student & ATP information, complying with UK Data Protection Act
- Assisting with production and distribution of ATP communication materials, such as prospectus, website, templates, blogs, posters and other marketing materials as directed by the Country Manager
- Assisting with the delivery of social media initiatives as directed by the Country Manager
- Developing your own skills and knowledge and improve your own performance through seeking opportunities to learn
- To always treat partner universities, ATP staff and all students with the highest levels of respect and care
- To project a positive and professional image of Across The Pond at all times
- Covering absent colleagues’ portfolio of student enquires when assigned by Country Manager (such as in case of annual leave, illness, or unexpected circumstances)
- Performing other duties as assigned
Essential Professional Skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure
- Customer focus and attention to detail
- Experienced in working in a proactive, rather than reactive manner
- Excellent time management and an ability to meet established deadlines
- Meticulous forward-planning
- Experience of studying in the UK, preferably a full degree program, and a passion for helping others do the same
- Strong knowledge of North American and UK Education systems
- Able to work independently without direct supervision for long periods of time
- An intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to meet established targets and work in a target driven environment
Essential Personal Skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Responsible & reliable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of initiative
- Continuous improvement and self-development
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience studying in the UK
- Typing speed of 65+ wpm
How to Apply
Please fill out the ATP Application and email it with your CV/resume and cover letter to US Manager Ashley Griffith [ashley(at)studyacrossthepond.com]. Be sure to highlight your relevant experience, explaining why you wish to work for Across the Pond, and why you feel you are a strong candidate for this position. If you are currently studying in the UK, please indicate where you will be based upon your return to the United States.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY, MAY 26, 2017
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis as applications are received. The final decision will be made in the first week of June, with the required start-date being July 23, 2017, when you must be available to attend training week in Cincinnati, Ohio.